I graduated with a master’s degree in computer science from the University of Hawaii at Manoa. In 2011, I began my career as a software developer at Referentia Systems in Honolulu, Hawaii. At Referentia, I assisted in the development of the LiveAction product. After working at Referentia for 2.5 years, I was hired as a Java web developer by the University of Hawaii. Between the fall 2014 and spring 2015 semesters, I upgraded Laulima, the learning management system that the university uses for traditional face-to-face, online, and hybrid classes.
I hold three Java certifications, including the Oracle Certified Master, Java SE 6 Developer certification.
I am a successful Android developer. As of January 2015, I have published seven Android apps on Google Play. You can check out my apps here or down below.
I use Gradle for my personal projects because it makes building applications very easy. I was a reviewer for Gradle in Action.
During my free time, I teach myself Japanese, read books about Japanese culture, and watch anime. I also shoot videos and upload them to YouTube.
Java Web Developer (March 2014 - May 2015)
- Employer: University of Hawaii Information Technology Services
- Maintained, enhanced, and supported Laulima, which is based on the Sakai learning management system (LMS).
Software Engineer (August 2011 - December 2013)
- Employer: Referentia Systems
- Assisted in the development of the LiveAction product and other projects to fulfill U.S. federal government contracts.
Summer Intern (June 2010 - July 2010)
- Employer: Maui High Performance Computing Center
- Developed concurrent C programs to benchmark supercomputers.
Basis B1 Data Importer
My solutions to 25 challenging programming exercises.